Welcome to our first official BETA launch. I can't even express how excited I am to have you here.
I just wanted to take a moment to suggest a simple workflow to get you started. If you are reading this blog right now you are viewing it from my PUBLIC WEBSITE. I also have a NETWORK PROFILE. Home Adnet gives you both. I explain this in more detail later in this blog.
1. Step through the different modules on the site. The main modules are accessible from the icons at the top of the page from inside your account. There is a secondary menu in the left panel. Just click through and browse and discover where everything is.
TIP: When the menus are BROWN you know you are inside the Home Adnet Network. When you see a custom designed page (like this one) you are viewing a public website.
2. Look for the VIDEO TUTORIALS button at the top right corner of your network profile. This is where you will find your library of tutorial videos. This is accessible from everywhere inside your account. Currently, there are videos covering all of the MAJOR functions. There are many more on the way. If you need help with a particular feature, that button is always there to help you.
3. Your account generates a NETWORK PROFILE and a PUBLIC WEBSITE. The NETWORK PROFILE is where you see your HOME FEED of activity and connect with other Realtors. This is what you see when you log into your account. The PUBLIC WEBSITE is designed to promote your business on the Internet. You can click on the PREVIEW WEBSITE button to see what it looks like. The Networking information and GO Social box will still be visible at the top of the screen. However, this is just for you. Visitors not signed into a Home Adnet account who visit this site will never see these. Bookmark the link to your public site and visit it again after you have logged out of your Home Adnet account. You will see exactly what visitors to your site will see.
4. If you didn't complete the basic account and template setup when you first logged in make sure you complete that. Upload your company logo and a beautiful picture of yourself from EDIT WEBSITE in the side panel. Use the WEBSITE APPEARANCE link in the side panel to make any changes to the colour-scheme, background and banner images if you desire.
NOTE: Since this is a networking site we are encouraging accounts to be set up as individuals. We will be enforcing this protocol to ensure a consistent networking experience for our users. We plan to release Company pages in the near future. We will update you as soon as we have more information.
5. You'll notice by viewing your public website that we have set up some basic content for you. This ensures that your site looks complete right out of the box. You can use the POSTS EDITOR to delete or modify the contents of any of these posts and you can use the WIDGETS EDITOR to add and arrange any of your content.
6. Once you are feeling comfortable connect your available Social Network accounts to your Home Adnet account by clicking on the SETTINGS tab (Gear Icon) at the top of the screen. Click on the SOCIAL CONNECTIONS link in the LEFT side panel and click the CONNECT button for your Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn accounts and follow the on screen steps. This is where you are truly connected with Home Adnet. Click that beautiful GOLDEN GO! Social button to share something with your other social accounts. The GO! Social box will trigger automatically whenever you publish a property listing or a post. Don't worry if you don't see your posts right away. There is a 2-minute delay before anything posts. If you posted in error you have 2 minutes to delete the post by locating it in each of your SOCIAL CONNECTIONS' preferences panels.
NOTE: We support a Google connection for login only. Google does not yet support streaming to GOOGLE+. We are ready and waiting for them to add this feature. As soon as they do it will also be available here.
Take your time and enjoy the experience. When you have some thoughts please feel free to share them with me!!! And keep an eye on my profile and public site for resources and updates. I'm here on the network with you!!!